motif packages

Why does Debian on SPARC have no libmotif[-dev] and motif-clients?
The packages exist on i386, powerpc, alpha and many (all?) of the
other architectures, but not SPARC. I had to download the two
tarballs from the last link and extract them under /opt/openmotif
(of course I had to add the lib and bin directories to
/etc/ld.so.conf and $PATH, respectively). The lesstif and
lesstif-dev packages on SPARC simply don't work for some things
(MXterm won't compile and the MWM from lesstif-bin crashes with
"Bus Error"). What gives? Below is the only mention of this that I
have found on this list, and it is from quite some time ago and
had no responses.

A Message:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/1998/debian-sparc-199803/msg00071.html

A Mirror: