Re: 2.4.19-ac1 kernel compilation

* Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> [020805 09:15]:
> There is no ETA, because there is no one really maintaining sparc32
> anymore. Feel free to pitch in, but we have plenty of testers and not
> many people with enough time to devote to actually fixing things.

But on a fortunate note, some of us have been pitching in some time on
fixing things here and there.  The 2.4.19 kernel is a major improvement
for sparc32 over the previous releases.  If you've been wanting to try a
2.4.x on sparc32, then plain ol' vanilla 2.4.19 (or later) is the way to
go right now.

Other than a swapon segfault bug on smp sun4m machines (where swapon
still seems to work), it should be somewhat decent and in need of more
long-term testing.

BTW, if you folks haven't seen it yet, take a spin around
http://www.sparclinux.net/ ... especially look around the FAQ... and
please excuse the DNS problems while we fight with NSI.