Re: ipv6 on sparc / 6in4

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 15:29, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> i am trying to get a tunnel working on sparc to get 6bone
> connectivity - Done that on i386 a couple of times without
> any problem - On Sparc (2.4.18 vanilla) it gives me an ioctl error
> although the 6in4 tunnel driver is in the kernel:

None of the tunneling works on sparc/sparc64. The ioctls are not
implemented at all. I looked into fixing this a while back and decided
it was low priority.

This thread comes up a lot though, so maybe its a good side project for
someone to undertake.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot