Re: Which Sparc is best?

> 	Does Debian install nicely on the Ultra 5's and 10's? As you said, there are plenty
> of 10's around at nice prices.

My desktop used to be an Ultra5, which is now being turned into a web
server. Installs and runs great.

> 	Another question... Are there any Package disadvantages in using a Sparc
> over an Intel box using Debian? Is the same range of Debian software available
> for all CPU's?

The SPARC port is virtually 100% synced with i386. I've been using an
UltraSPARC for my only desktop machine for over 3 years now. I haven't
had to do without anything.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/