Re: Your password!

(Come on, people. Trim your replies, please. Yes, that can even be done
 with outlook)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:14:39 PDT, "Greg Ray" writes:
>>> I agree. Most of the groups I subscribed to reject posts unless sender
>>> is registered.

>> And then people who need help will have to subscribe to the list first,
>> which means that most people who need trivial questions answered will
>> never ask them.

>Well then if they dont asked then it most not have been important, if they
>want answers they can spend 30 sec of their day and register to the list.

The obvious answer to that is a combination of subscribers-only and
 moderation (which has its own quirks, I know).

Overall I have to agree that subscribers-only should be the way to go.
 Makes it easier for those who are subscribed (less spam) and harder for
 those who're not (need to subscribe first). It's a choice, but one
 that the list-admins have to make.

Personally, my policy is to subscribe to every list I post to.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "Service packs" are for people who are mentally not equipped
-- to keep track of patches and wouldn't know how to apply one