Installation on SPARCSTATION 20

Hi all,

First : I'm new to Debian, I'm new to Sparcs, so I'm really a newbie on both
of these!
(I received the sparc, because otherwise they throw it away and I wanted to
try Debian out,
since most people tell me it's the best linux os for a server)

I've followed the installation instructions and all went ok, until the end:

1. Creating the rescue floppy didn't work :-( It failed every time I tried
2. When I try to boot with 'boot disk', I get the following message:

cannot find /vmlinuz (unknown ext2 error)

I'm a little bit stuck here, since nothing is familiar for me. I've looked
with google for
answers, but most of them were a little bit cryptic, so I'm not wiser at the
moment.

I know about the sun disk label 's' and I think I did it right, but I'm not
sure. I did the following:

when creating partitions I did the following: I entered 's' and then just
entered (thus letting Sun
find itself). This resulted in 3 partitions, it removed all the previous
partitions, is this normal?
I deleted the first 2 (and left the 3rd alone, since I read that it was a
special partition, needed to be on id 3).

Then I created the following partitions:

sb1 50 MB /
sb2 16 MB /boot
sb3 the special partition
sb4 128 MB swap
sb5 100 MB /home
sb6 rest of the 2.1 GB /usr

sba1 4.1 GB /var
sba2 special partition

This is mainly a server for the intranet, I hope my partitioning is ok. If
not, please give some
advice. Highly appreciated!

Now, my questions:

What did I do wrong?

Why couldn't I create the rescue floppy? Is there a way to still create it?
How can I proceed with the installation?

Thanks in advance,
Tom.