glibc compiling question

hi all,

I was wondering, I want to compile glibc from source on my Ultra1 (no,
please, don't start about that I should apt-get it, I'm stubborn).

I know about the 32bit userland on a 64 bit kernel and I was wondering
if there are any problems. I ran into trouble a few times but not if
I first ran sparc32. But will I get a right glibc then for my 64 bit
kernel? I heard that the system calls between sparc and sparc64 are
slightly different (but I'm not entirely sure, just a user).

Any weird options I have to set? Need to offer something to a diety?

armijn