Re: Annoying problem with X on Sun Ultra 5

Hi Ben,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:26:03PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
[...]
> Can you test a different monitor to be sure?

I should have thought about this before, shame on me! Yes, the
guy sitting in the next cube has a Sony Multiscan E500 that I
can us for testing. I'll try that and get back with the resilts.

> I can't see how this could be an X bug.

Yup, me neither.

> I too have an Ultra5, and have used it with a Sun 21"
> monitor (with vga input) and a 21" Sony Multiscan 520GS with no
> problems.

By the way, were you able to use the fbdev driver? I tried using
that one but got an error about unresolved symbols:

Symbol fbPictureInit from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.o is unresolved!

Cheers!

Eloy.-