Re: Network install on SparcStation 1+

>> video signal entirely, if I use a serial terminal the counter stays at
>> 1e4600 (not quite the right file size) and there's no discernable network
>> traffic to/from the machine. Any ideas?
>
> I've seen instances where the tftp server was ARPing for the booting
> machine after transferring some of the image, and didn't get an
> answer; putting in a static ARP entry helped... run tcpdump when you
> netboot the box and look at what's happening.

I see a bunch of tftp data packets and acknowledgements going between the
machines. The last data packet is smaller than the rest, so I assume it's
finished the file. After that, there's no network activity whatsoever.
Having reviewed the install documentation I'm a bit confused - I know I need
tftp, but do I need both rarp and bootp - the documentation ("Installing
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 For SPARC",
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-install
-tftp )says I need both in 6.5 line 1, but 6.5 line 2 implies one or the
other.

Thanks,

James