Re: [Xpert]Re: Screen blanking/DPMS with Sun Ultra1

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Thanks for all your work. I will try it after christmas. Right now I'm
> struggling to find the sources for xserver-xfree86... I'm using woody
> and I CAN'T find anything!?
>
> I'm not that used to debian yet. Where should I look?
>
> --
>  ==> Ciao, Mosu

I went to the <www.xfree86.org> site and downloaded the current
CVS development tree as described at <www.xfree86.org/cvs/> in
the "Accessing Anoncvs via cvs pserver..." section.  All this takes
is a lot of time and disk space.  For the build, I just did what
the INSTALL-X.org instructions suggested:  Edit a configuration file
(config/cf/site.def) to define where I wanted the test version
installed, and 'Make World'.

Although XF86 is very large, the only things I changed are at
<xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/sunffb/>.

I didn't use Debian for this, so I don't know exactly where
Debian's source for XFree86 is. But, it should be one of the
largest packages on their source disks, and it should
have a name that "looks right."  I am sending a copy of this reply to the
Debian list, so someone who knows can tell you for sure what you already
have, or perhaps what might work best for your configuration.

Until later,
Ferris
--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@inforead.com>