Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, David S. Miller wrote:

>    From: Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.de>
>    Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:34:22 +0100
>
>    Mhmmm. I understand. So it would be a good idea if I would patch
>    esound for allowing BE data to come in, convert it on the fly to LE,
>    and write it to the device? This would allow me to use all those neat
>    esd-capable programs which produce 16bit BE data (like xmms) with my
>    LE sound card.
>
>    Should be rather simple to do.
>
> Yes and I even believe someone did this as a result of the last time
> this topic came up on this list.
>
> Did someone fix esound already to deal with opposite endian sound
> cards?  Speak up! :-)

I looked at doing it, all proper like as a config flag and everything, but
became destracted with that whole "oh, right, you're paying me to do
something else" bit, so didn't get anything actually accomplished.

And boy, that's an ugly source tree...

--
        Peter

If a subordinate asks you a pertinent question, look at him as if he had
lost his senses.  When he looks down, paraphrase the question back at him.