Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

   From: Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.de>
   Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:21:26 +0100

   Thank you very much. I compiled it without these lines and it installs
   correctly. But unfortunately all I can get with the driver is 8 bit
   audio. 8 bit is fine, but i'd prefer 16 bit... ;-) Any further
   suggestions? Is this the normal behaviour?

The apps you are trying to run need to be fixed so that they can use
an endianness different from the cpu.  The Trident does 16-bit little
endian only.

This was discussed a long time ago on this mailing list, the apps have
to be fixed.