Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

On Sun, 16.12.01 13:50, Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org) wrote:

> > Thank you very much. I compiled it without these lines and it installs
> > correctly. But unfortunately all I can get with the driver is 8 bit
> > audio. 8 bit is fine, but i'd prefer 16 bit... ;-) Any further
> > suggestions? Is this the normal behaviour?
>
> Try the audioctl tool (I have no idea if it works with this driver).

No, it does not. ("/dev/audioctl: No such device")

Anyhow: the comments from /etc/default/audioctl tell me that it makes
no sense to change the bit depth with audioctl, as this option is
always reset to a kernel default on an open()-call for the audio
devices.

Nevertheless: thanks for you help,
 Lennart

--