Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Foo!
>
> How do I get sound support working on my Sun Blade 1000? Whenever I
> try "modprobe trident" i get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> Trident 4DWave/SiS 7018/ALi 5451,Tvia CyberPro 5050 PCI Audio, version
> 0.14.9d, 02:41:52 Dec 15 2001
> trident: architecture does not support 30bit PCI busmaster DMA
> </snip>
>
> How can I fix this? Anybody can help me?
>
> I am currently running Debian Sid with Kernel 2.4.17-rc1.
>
> Lennart

You're using a sound card which isn't going to work in a sparc64.
Basicly, the card only has 30-bits of address space, whereas pci has a
32-bit memory address space.  The sparc pci controller always assigns
addreses with the high bit set, so that's just not going to work.

--
        Peter

No bastard ever won a war by dieing for his country.  He won it by making
the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
		-- Patton