Re:

   From: Eric <ebrower@usa.net>
   Date: 3 Dec 2001 12:29:51 PST

   >   Or, if the obscure header is part of the Solaris distribution, I
   > have it and must have missed it while trying to go through the Solaris
   > headers looking for likely names or strings.  Could you tell me what
   > it is?

   I was looking in /usr/platform/sun4m/include/pmcreg.h and pmcvar.h
   for CG6 and BW2 info, as I am doing a bit of power management work.

You won't find creator headers in anything Sun publishes.

   > What doesn't work is any sort of DPMS power management, even though
   > Solaris knows how (so it is possible).

   Take a look at the CPR header files in Solaris, or the headers
   for the respective devices-- that is the best I can suggest.

It just kills the VSYNC signal, we do that in the Creator3D kernel FB
driver.   It's DAC fiddling:

	tmp = read_dac(0x6000);
	tmp &= ~0x1;
	write_dac(0x6000, tmp);

Just set that bit when you want it back.  I'm pretty sure I even
document these registers in the ffb_dac.h header file in the
xfree86 sources.