Re: Dual Monitor on Ultra10

Hi,

Stipples are good, me thinks.  If it's the raw X ugliness at any
rate.  This means X is happy but your windowmanager is only managing
:0.0 and ignoring :0.1 I'd set things as they were and explicitly
start windowmanagers on both displays in your .xinitrc

That's what I usually do for intel or sparc multihead setups.  The
trickiest thing I've found is getting windowmanagers that play well.
It's been a while since I tried different ones (if it ain't broke...),
I found sawfiss/sawmill plays well when told which display to manage.

.xinitrc example:
---

sawfish --display :0.0&
exec sawfish --display :0.1

---

with this example if you want to end the Xsession you'll need to
"quit" from :0.1, you can (un)happily quit the windowmanager on :0.0
and X will keep going.

HTH,
-Jon