Re: Dual Monitor on Ultra10

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

That's what I usually do for intel or sparc multihead setups.  The
trickiest thing I've found is getting windowmanagers that play well.
It's been a while since I tried different ones (if it ain't broke...),
I found sawfiss/sawmill plays well when told which display to manage.

.xinitrc example:
---

sawfish --display :0.0&
exec sawfish --display :0.1

---

with this example if you want to end the Xsession you'll need to
"quit" from :0.1, you can (un)happily quit the windowmanager on :0.0
and X will keep going.

HTH,
-Jon

well, but I have no striples on the second monitor,

and I really don't more what I changed in the X86Config-4.

The only thing is that it worked for 10 minutes, till I tried Xinarama mode.
The error logs and the Config File is viewable under
http://134.108.33.50:8080/~hakubw00/XF86Config-4

http://134.108.33.50:8080/~hakubw00/xlog1

http://134.108.33.50:8080/~hakubw00/xlog2

sorry, the striples are back now, now I will try your .xinitrc thing!

thanks

--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, presently intern at
Tecnomatix Technologies Germany | Tel: +49 711 1389- 257