Re: Newbie question : compiling XFree 4.1.0

Nath <c.nath@free.fr> writes:

> I use to work with debian but new to debian-sparc.  I'm trying to
> compile XFree 4.1.0, but can't find a good HOWTO and the INSTALL
> isn't really verbose. Does anyone know a good help file ?  Or are
> there debs for xfree 4.1.0 for debian-sparc ?

Upgrade to either woody or sid, both of which have XFree86 4.1.0.

Just change all references to "stable" or "potato" in your
/etc/apt/sources.list to "woody", (except for security.debian.org;
comment that line out) then just do:

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade