Re: Newbie question : compiling XFree 4.1.0

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Nath wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use to work with debian but new to debian-sparc.
> I'm trying to compile XFree 4.1.0, but can't find a good HOWTO and the
> INSTALL isn't really verbose. Does anyone know a good help file ?
> Or are there debs for xfree 4.1.0 for debian-sparc ?

I'm running the unstable debs for 4.1.0 on my SunBlade 100; I don't have
a direct console connection, so I don't know how well it works with the
local framebuffer, but xdm works well enough. You'll find it in the
unstable tree.

$ apt-cache show xfree86-common
Package: xfree86-common
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 812
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: xfree86
Version: 4.1.0-7
Filename: pool/main/x/xfree86/xfree86-common_4.1.0-7_all.deb

-- Paul Heinlein <paul.l.heinlein@home.com>