Re: Newbie question : compiling XFree 4.1.0

Hi,

You can get the sources:

apt-get source xfree86

cd xfree86-version

dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b

This should compile the whole xfree package. You may need to install some
other packages too. Look at the debian/control and debian/rules files.

To get the sources you need to add the debian sources in your
/etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb-src debian location
like the deb debian location.

and then apt-get update