Starting to get peeved !!

Hi, I'm still struggling to install Debian to my Sparc2 from floppies.
I have 2x 1.3Gb and 1x 440Mb disks
I partition them all as Sun Disk Label and then delete partition 1 & 2 to
create the ones I want. The end result (with approx sizes)

/sda1	linux native	u	50Mb	/boot
/sda2	linux native	u	800Mb	/
/sda3	whole disk		1300Mb
/sda4	linux swap		450Mb	<swap>

/sdb1	linux native	u	800Mb	/usr
/sdb2	linux native	u	500Mb	/var
/sdb3	whole disk		1300Mb

/sdc1	linux native	u	340Mb	/home
/sdc2	linux native	u	100Mb	/storage
/sdc3	whole disk		440Mb

where u = mountable flag.

I get through the install but can't make the system bootable from the hard
disk.

WTF am I doing wrong ???

When you create a Sun Disk Label you get a read only flag on one of the
first 2 partitions. eg
	/sda1	linux native
	/sda2	linux swap	r
	/sda3	whole disk
 I removed this flag + made mine bootable. Was this wrong and why ?

  Damian Del Campo,  B.Eng (Comp Sys - Hons)
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  Phone  	08 8401 7037	(Flinders St)
  Fax      	08 8231 1385
  E-mail  	Damian.DelCampo@team.telstra.com