problem with xdm in XFree-4.0.3

       Hi all,
       After updating to Xfree-4.0.3, I got a problem relating with
xdm when used with "X -indirect". I have the following setup

1) launch xdm at boot with the line

#:0 local /usr/bin/X11/X ...

in Xservers commented out so that xdm doesn't manage the local
display. Further, the file Xaccess contains

*                                       #any host can get a login window

and

*               CHOOSER BROADCAST       #any indirect host can get a chooser

2) then launch "X -indirect `hostname`" to get a XDMCP chooser window
as in an Xterminal.

This *has worked* with XFree-3.3.x, but no longer works when I upgrade
X to 4.0.3. The problem seems to come from xdm, since:

a) launching "X -indirect another_host" works, if this host is a *unix
station*, but not if it is a Linux box with Xfree-4.0.3 installed

b) In case (a), the local host doesn't appears in the clooser list where
it normally does. In fact the xdm daemon seems to be killed: ps doesn't
list any process with name xdm.

THis may be a security related problem. I hawever has commented out
the last line below in the file xdm-config, as explained before, but
*nothing changes*

! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
!DisplayManager.requestPort:     0

Is it a bug ? Should I report it ?

Thank for any information

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23