Re: Installing debian on a SunBlade 100

Hello all,

> Olivier Bornet writes:
>  > >  > My current configuration is a SunBlade 100 and a Ultra 10, both connected to
>  > >  > the same screen, a Sun 18.1" LCD. The problem is also present with only the
>  > >  > Blade. The Ultra 10 has no problem with the display.
>  > >
>  > > This may be the difference, as I have no LCD to test with.
>  >
>  > Seem not. I have just try with a Sun 19" CRT display. Same problem. And maybe
>  > a little more bad : in console mode, the screen don't display anything, and
>  > the green LED near the power switch flash rapidly. I think this will say
>  > "refresh rates not supported".
>
> I think I know what may fix it, can you compile your own 2.4.x
> kernels?

OK. I have compile a new kernel, and the garbage on the screen is away.

Here is the difference between the config of kernel-image-2.4.5-sun4u_9_sparc.deb
and my new kernel :

cool:linux 526% diff /boot/config-2.4.5 .config
92,94c92
< CONFIG_FB_PM2=y
< # CONFIG_FB_PM2_FIFO_DISCONNECT is not set
< CONFIG_FB_PM2_PCI=y
---
> # CONFIG_FB_PM2 is not set
98,99c96,97