Re: Installing debian on a SunBlade 100

Hello David,

>  > I have some questions :
>  >
>  > - can I allready install an X server for the base Mach64 card (and how) ?
>
> Yes, Ben should have XFree86-4.1.0 packages, if not now then soon.

It's OK. I have now the Ben's XFree86 4.0.3 packages, and it works. I will
update and try the 4.1 as soon as he has release it.

>  > - is there a work on the expert3d card ?
>
> Absolutely not, the vendor refuses to provide hardware programming
> information.

I don't know if it can help, but all users interested by this port can send an
email to them, so they can see there is an interest. (BTW, is the vendor Sun,
or is it a sub-contractor ?)

>  > - there are lot of "garbage" on the screen (some group of pixels ramdomly on,
>  >   changing when I do a <CRTL-L>)
>
> Please send me: "dmesg | mail davem@redhat.com" because my computer
> does not do this and maybe there is something peculiar about yours.

You will got it in a separate email.

Please note the garbage is also present on X.

It's strange, because I have had one time a correct display, without garbage.
I have try many times to reproduce this, without success for now.

My current configuration is a SunBlade 100 and a Ultra 10, both connected to
the same screen, a Sun 18.1" LCD. The problem is also present with only the
Blade. The Ultra 10 has no problem with the display.

Thanks in advance for the help.

		Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet                 |      français : http://puck.ch/f