Re: Fujitsu sparc based machine doesn't work with Debian

Unfortunately, these floppies, nor the kernel in general, will work
on this system, as it uses the HaL SPARC64-III processor, which is
compatible with ultra sparc 2 only at the user process level.  In
particular the memory management unit is completely differrent from
ultra sparc II.   The floating point unit is also slightly
different, and no VIS instructions.  I actually ported Solaris 8 to
this processor.  Unless SILO and the kernel have the capability to
detect and program the different MMU, there's no hope of getting the
kernel to work.  If SILO only uses PROM functions, then it might
work.  But I doubt it.