advantage of xfrre 4.0 over xfree 3.3.x on an old sparc box ?

       Hi all
       I still have 3 old sparc boxes (Sun IPC, IPX and LX) running
debian-linux. They are so luggish that I only use them as X terminal,
through the command "X -indirect ..." In this setup, the Xserver is a
crucial element. I just wonder if therer is any advantage (in term of
speed especially) to switch to the newer Xserver 4.0.3 istead of the
old 3.3.6 server. Has any one had any experience about this ?
       By the way, the actual server takes many seconds just to display
the debian logo at the beginning of each Xsession. Is there any way to
skip this step.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23