Re: Ultra 5/Mach 64 video strangeness

That's sort of what I was thinking, too, at first.  I like pushing things to
the highest resolution I can (which, if I remember right, was 1600x1200x15).

Even when I finally broke down and used a lower resolution, though (using
out-of-the-box settings, which may or may not have been different on each
distro I tried), it still happened.  At least once a day, the video would
go nuts at 1600x1200, 1280x1024, or 1024x768.  Actually, once a day would
have been nice -- it was more like every couple hours or so, or more often
if I was doing something important. =)

In any case, I've never seen a bad modeline cause video to randomly lose
synch after X has been up and running a while.  I'm totally baffled.