Re: 2x SM81 + Sparc 20 + Linux? Will it work?

Hi,

Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

>         Is the 2.2.x series of kernels stable with dual SM81s?
>         Are there any thermal issues with having two SM81s in a Sparc
>             20? (the current SM51 gets quite warm...)

I don't see any reasons why SM81 shouldn't work with Linux.
They have Supercache, so they should work as good as your SM51.
But I would not recommend using two SM81's in a SS20. The SM81's
get really hot. It is certainly a dangerous situation.

Dennis

--
Scientific view: studies show that men tend to be better at dealing
with visual concepts, while women are better at complex linguistic