Re: woody on sparc

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 01:25:33PM +0100, Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr wrote:
> dario writes:
>  > Hi all!
>  > Yesterday i upgraded potato to woody, and now network services dont start:
>  >
>  > /etc/network/interfaces :Function not implemented
>  > ifup: couldn't read interfaces file "/etc/network/interfaces"
>  > done.
>  > The file interfaces is fully readble and well configured...
>  >
>  > At boot i noticed that Init gives these errors:
>  >
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 155
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 44
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 155
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 154
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 155
>  > Unimplemented SPARC system call 44
>  > Adding Swap: 294824k swap-space (priority -1)
>  > rpc.statd forgot to set AF_INET in udp sendmsg. Fix it!
>  > sys32_ioctl: Unknown cmd fd(0) cmd(00004b52) arg(effff910)
>
> I have got the same problem and havn't find ont an explanation on this
> list. Finally I have to downgrade to potato.

I know the explanation. The latest libc6 in woody/sid was compiled
against 2.4.0 kernel headers, which enabled the LFS system call usage.
Doesn't appear that glibc is falling back to the non-LFS system calls
when it is run on 2.2.x kernels.

This is royally fucked up, and IMO is a huge bug, if I can't compile
glibc against 2.4.0 headers, and still support 2.2.x kernels. I'll check
into this. Consider this a warning to others to hold off till I resolve
the matter.