Re: sparc smail issues

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:49:35PM -0900, Aaron Dewell wrote:

> So why would one choose exim over postfix?  Both are simple configuration
> files, and both provide good security (exim if you configure it :), and
> both route mail adequately.  Rumor has it that Postfix is faster than
> anything else out there, but I've not run any speed tests myself.
>
> Since I don't run exim, what are it's advantages?

I was merely pointing out the error in your statement as is related to
my advice to him. Exim is the default mailer with Debian. It is simple,
and easy to configure, and it is more standard (as opposed to postfix,
which is relatively new, and not many people know a lot about it, so
finding help is harder).

On that, it is completely preference which MTA you choose, I'm not trying
to sway anyone one way or the other, simply because I don't care enough
about MTA's to preach about them :)