Re: Success, Appreciation, Q: SunPC Accel'r

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 05:15:34PM -0500, Bolan Meek wrote:

> I have here, taken from the SS10 that I'm cannabalizing, a
> SunPC Accelerator card, with a 486DX-25.  To what benefit
> can I put that?  Does Linux/sparc have drivers for it?
> Are there Debianized apps that use it?

The original use was to run windows natively under Solaris.
ie. Windows runs on the 486, with Solaris on the sparc.

Now I wonder what sort of silly uses this could be put to?
Run Debian/Sparc on the Sparc and the x86 version on the 486...

That would be an interesting experiment.

> Or is this a whole new world to be explored?  (I really don't
> need any new worlds: finding it hard to make time just to
> work on xmailtool & package... but I'm a sucker for a challenge...)

I suspect it is a whole new world...

Stuart