re: xserver-xsun broken!

>Hi, I just installed debian on my sparc the other day as well and I get
>
>pivo:~# startx
>(using VT number 7)
>
>PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
>sunMouseProc ioctl VUIDFORMAT: Invalid argument
>
>Fatal server error:
>failed to initialize core devices
>

>Now, I do have the xfonts-pex installed and the font exists in
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/PEX (Roman_M.phont) although running mkfontdir
>doesnt seem to find it. so that's one problem, but i also seem to be
>having the same problem you are with the core devices.

Hi there,

I've had this font problem since slink (iirc) and it persists
as of Xsun version 3.3.6-9.
I don't know of a cure.
However I usually don't get a fatal server error just

Cannot open /dev/gpmdata, error 2. Trying /dev/sunmouse.

I thought the default was sunmouse ?!?
I don't even have gpm installed..

Not much of a help....

--