Re: Using Sun monitor with regular svga card.

Erik Mouw wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 05:01:06PM -0400, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
> > I've got this Sun monitor. Since I usually connect remotely to my sparc
> > ipc box, I'd like to hang the monitor off of the second video card in my
> > PC (I've got an adaptor.) The model is GDM1662 or GDM1662B, not sure as
> > I write this, I'll check when I get home. I've got scan freqs from
> > http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sun/ but could no get it to work.
> > Can someone give me a hand on this? Thanks.
>
> It's a fixed frequency monitor, most probably an OEM from Sony.
>
> A friend of mine connected a HP fixed frequency monitor to his PC, you
> can read his hints at:
>
>   http://historia.et.tudelft.nl/~marcj/fixed_freq/
>
> You probably don't have to solder within the monitor (yours seems to
> be able to use combined sync), but there is quite a lot of information
> on that page that can be useful for fixed frequency monitors.

I know they're fixed frequency. I've an HP monitor already as my primary
monitor. I tried modelines based on the specs of the monitor, but didn't
get a picture. I suspect the values given in monitorworld.com are wrong.
So, if someone has one of these monitors already working with a PC, I'd
appreciate if he/she can send me the modelines, etc.

I'll read the above web page and see if I learn more about this.

Thanks,

Rafael