Re: Using Sun monitor with regular svga card.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 05:01:06PM -0400, Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
> I've got this Sun monitor. Since I usually connect remotely to my sparc
> ipc box, I'd like to hang the monitor off of the second video card in my
> PC (I've got an adaptor.) The model is GDM1662 or GDM1662B, not sure as
> I write this, I'll check when I get home. I've got scan freqs from
> http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sun/ but could no get it to work.
> Can someone give me a hand on this? Thanks.

It's a fixed frequency monitor, most probably an OEM from Sony.

A friend of mine connected a HP fixed frequency monitor to his PC, you
can read his hints at:

You probably don't have to solder within the monitor (yours seems to
be able to use combined sync), but there is quite a lot of information
on that page that can be useful for fixed frequency monitors.

I don't know what video card you use, but I have very good experiences
with a Matrox Millenium II because it can do funny things like
sync-on-green and combined sync. Don't know about the newer Matrox
cards, but I assume they still have those features.

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl