Debian installer can't recognise my seagate hd

Hello fellow debian on sparc users/developers
    Hi, I am trying to install debian on my sparcstation 2, and have come across a strange error.  I replaced the 100Mb Hd that came with the computer with a seagate 2.1 Gb one.  For some reason, the debian install cannot seem to find that drive on kernel boot.  This is strange, because it can be seen by probe-scsi, solaris, and even redhat!  Are their any modules I can pass at the SILO boot prompt to correct this?
Thanks in advance
John F. Scipione