Re: installing off of serial console.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:50:25 -0400,
Matt Rose <mattrose@folkwolf.net> wrote:
> 	Is it possible to install debian through a sparc serial console?

certainly. serial console + rarp/tftp. works like a charm every time. and
the machines in question are some 700 kms away from $location. try that
with a peecee.

> I was wondering if I could set
> the comm parameters on the serial port so that dbootstrap works, or

9600 8N1 IIRC.

> failing that, is there a debian install system that doesn't use curses?

curses works for me. an interesting thing to add is that for me the special
characters (for borders and so) work during installation, but are (singular
character) garbage afterwards. but i was never bothered enough to investigate.

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.