Re: installing off of serial console.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:50:25AM -0400, Matt Rose wrote:

> Is it possible to install debian through a sparc serial console?

Yes, at least I've done a test install of potato on a Sparc Classic
over a 9600bps serial line. All I recall doing was setting the port
speed and settings in the prom, and booting from there. I did a
floppy/net install, though, with no tftpboot business at all.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu