Re: XsunMono Segfault on IPC. (update)

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 09:32:43PM +0200, Taco IJsselmuiden wrote:
> Ok, after being just plain stupid, I thought about runnen strace...
>
> It seems to me something is going wrong while reading from
> /etc/X11/banner/XBanner1.ras
> It opens (read-only), reads a bit of data, and then goes reading "",
> closes and segfaults ;(
> Of course: i'm not a hero ;))

The Xsun* servers in Debian toss up a splash screen which is stored in that
directory.  XBanner1.ras is a monochrome Sun raster file.

I don't know why this operation is bombing.

I may have an unstripped server binary around that you can use; then when
it cores a reasonable backtrace can be done.

However, I'm pretty sure that development on that line of X server is dead;
efforts have moved over to Sun hardware support via the XFree86 4.x server.

But if you want the unstripped binary, I can make it available to you.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |      One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                |      belly laugh.