Re: Booting Debian from floppies on UltraSparc.

Chris Brandstetter wrote:
> Last I knew, when I tried to install the first time on my Ultra 1 about 6
> mos ago, and from what I have heard,
> you cannot install from a floppy.  There is a problem booting Ultra
> machines off of a floppy.  I would recomend waiting for the ISO's and
> doing it that way.  It is a much easier way than the alternatives I know of
> (tftpboot :(   )    Chris B

I managed to install Debian potato from floppies on my Ultra 1 with no
problems. Slink's boot floppies didn't work though, while the contemporaneous
Redhat floppies did.

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"I'm not so sure we're going to hear about Microsoft releasing NT as