I propose to close this bug (PostgreSQL doesn't work on sparc)

I asked on 27 Feb 2000 whether it was still the case that postgresql
doesn't work on Sparc, as reported by bug#41277.  This said that postgresql
was frequently causing a system crash.  The original bug report said that
postgresql was hanging in spinlock.c.

I propose to close the bug unless someone confirms that it still exists.

     "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh,
      and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is
      not of the Father, but is of the world."
                             I John 2:17