Re: Successful upgrade to potato, with work...

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I'm glad to see things finally came around for you. Sorry that there were
> so many problems though. I'll try to resolve the libc6 issue with 2.0.x
> kernels. It appears that there are more people running this old thing than
> I had originally thought :)
>
> Most likely this close to release, I'll just add your (paraphrased) notes
> to the Release Notes for sparc. This should ease other users upgrades
> (sorry again that you had to be the one to do the trial and error :)

Yikes.  His notes are sketchy and scrarey.  He says, "reinstall debian
from cd".  Is that really a necessary step for upgrading?  And which
versino did he reinstall from cd?

It seems to me all we need is either a libc6 or else a
kernel-image-2.2.15-* with a slightly different depends/conflicts
lines... can't we fix this for Potato?  Believe me, it will be less
pain to fix this now than later...