Re: X Server for Ultra 10 with Creator 3D ??

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 12:00:16PM +0200, Peter Biechele wrote:

> I am new to Debian Sparc and only have experience on the Intel x86
> platform with Debian. The install went fine using rarp on my Ultra 10.
> But only with the newest version, discovered here in the news list !!
>
> All packages installed just fine, but now I am trying to get XFree
> running. I still do not know, which X Server to run, but after some
> trials and internet searches I think I have to use the Mach 64 Server
> ?!!??
> I have two framebuffers in my UltraSparc 10, the standard one and the
> Creator 3D. It seems to be a ATI Rage Prog Mach 64 based graphics card.

It all depends on which card you are using for the console (/dev/fb0). You
might have to explicitely tell it which one to use. "cat /proc/fb" should
tell you what cards were detected and what framebuffer device each is
attached to. If you want to use the builtin mach64, then link /dev/fb to
/dev/fbn where 'n' is the number next to that device in /proc/fb.

For the Creator card you can use the xserver-xsun24 package.