Re: IPC/IPX test floppy, please try

Kurt Mosiejczuk writes:
 > On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
 >
 > > I've uploaded a test floppy to try and address the issues with IPX and IPC
 > > that we've been hearing about the past few weeks. Can those who had
 > > problems test (and those who didn't simply check to make sure nothing else
 > > breaks) the resc1440-sun4cdm.bin image at:
 > >
 > > ftp://marcus.debian.net/pub/debian/
 > >
 > > Thanks,
 > >   Ben
 > >

 > Bad news I'm afraid.  I'm still getting the same "read error on block 73"
 > that I got before.  I tried rewriting the disk and even tried a different
 > disk.  The floppy on my IPX has worked in the past... but I don't have
 > another machine besides my IPX.

This new floppy won't even work on my IPC while the old one (on the
debian site) works. Now I have another sun IPX when no boot disk
works. I always get the message

Can't read disk label
Can't open Sun disk label package
Can't open boot device

Does any one know any thing about this problem.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23