Re: SparcServer stops install with Watchdog Reboot

Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> I was trying to install Debian 2.1 to SparcServer 2.1,
> with a tftpboot image with kernel 2.2.1, and it went fine upto
>
> where it tells me "Watchdog Reboot"
> and stops.
>
> I am quite unfamiliar with the Sparc way of doing things,
> and could someone tell me how I would make it not do a "Watchdog Reboot".

I don't know if it will help, but try typing:
setenv watchdog-reboot? false

at the ok prompt (the Stop-A prompt), then type:
reset

to record the change to the nvram, and then:
net boot

to see if it worked.

> #just about all I know is how to do Stop-A and type "boot net"

To understand more about the OpenBoot prom (the ok prompt), look for the
documents in:
http://docs.sun.com/
for your plattform [sp?].

The only thing I knew before reading those documents was to type "help"
and "boot disk".

	[]'s Leo