Re: sun4c floppy boot images status

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 11:42:29AM -0500, Ari Heitner wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > Well, I finally got ahold of a sparc 1+ sun4c to test the floppy boot
> > images, and to my dismay, they worked perfectly (both the sun4c and
>
> Yeah, I think i said this (meant to if i didn't).
>
> I took the bootdisk I had been using for my 1+, tried it on my IPX, and it
> died with the funky read error.
>
> BTW i did use an i386 box to write the images

Ok, then it sounds like we are having problems with only IPX and IPC. Does
anyone know anything about the floppy on this architecture? Are there
known issues? Note, that the sun4c images are using a non-compressed
kernel, so it isn't a matter of CPU/Mem. Plus it never reads the entire
image anyway.

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '