Re: TFTPbooting potato?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 08:52:57AM -0700, Jason Marshall wrote:
> > I've heard this from a few others (some people had luck, some didn't). The
> > potato boot floppies are still "work in progress", so we are mainly fixing
> > things now. I'm hoping that I can have a tftpboot-noultra.img in the next
> > set of boot floppies, which should be better suited for sun4c's.
>
> Is there anything I can do to aid the people working on it?  Like
> information about the machine in question, or a debugging mode I can
> enable somewhere?  I hate just saying "Waaaahhh, it doesn't work" and
> would rather help out if possible *8-)

Machine type would be helpful. Also, trying each of the boot types (tftp,
floppy) and reporting success and failures is also helpful. You can also
try building your own kernel and testing that with the floppy images (just
mount them and replace "linux" with your kernel image).

Thanks,
  Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '