Re: Weitek Power uP Processor

Hi,

I just picked up a Power uP chip today and tried
to get it working in my IPX.  With the standard slink 2.0.35
kernel it would quit shortly after bootup with an illegal
instruction message.  With a kernel compiled from 2.2.14
source, it would run for a while before locking up.  The date
code on the chip is 9418 so I guess this was to be expected.

Is the problem with the earlier chips fixable and is anyone
working on it?

While the system was running, it didn't feel much faster.  I
looked in /proc/cpuinfo and noticed that the BogoMips was
virtually the same as the standard chip (39.8?).  I would have
expected this to be higher.  Is this typical?

Thanks,

Bob.