CDROM Problems Sun CD+ CDU-561(& others?)512 vrs 2048 bytes

I forgot to add in my first post that this problem of switching modes
does not occur in RedHat 6.1 for Sparc. I have not looked at the source
but I expect that they have a mode select call after initial boot  from
the floppy just encase it is needed as I get a seamless install even on
my old SparcStation1. Perhaps someone in the know could add the couple
of lines of code needed to put a cdrom in the correct mode. For cdrom's
that don't respond to the mode select call it should not cause any
problems and just be ignored.

Peter Myers