more problems netbooting

Basically I can't get a kernel to mount root NFS.

I converted the 2.2.1 kernel in the slink bootdisks to a.out and booted
that, then I tried the kernels in the 2000-01-15 potato floppy test, and
no go. AFAIK (and what I've been told previously on this list) my PROM
boot arguments are correct.

ok boot net boot=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.42:/mount/nfs/nfsroot/goober
ip=192.168.1.50:192.168.1.42

And I did install the slink base system into /mount/nfs/nfsroot/goober

Am I doing something wrong here, or do none of these kernel images have
nfsroot support? Could someone compile me a 2.2.1 or 2.2.14 kernel with
nfsroot enabled and send it to me in a.out format? It's a sun4c (IPX) with
serial console.

<grumpy>