Re: New set of sparc boot disks

> --Large Font Looks Great ,but pages loaded like an old 150-300 baud
> modem. Plus when moving down menus the text overlaps, the margins tear
> and jump from Left, Right and Back to center all at the same time.

Odd, what framebuffer is this?

> --At Install Kernel and Modules it asks for the Rescue Disk, I assumed
> sun4c since that was the disk I started with but received "Message sun4c
> Rescue not correct". Wanted sun4cdm rescue disk. Instructions not
> specific enough.

This is specific in the README.

> --message /target/sun4cdm/drivers.tgz  no such file or directory. Used
> vt2 and created required directory and install continued.

Others have reported the same problem, I'll have this fixed on the next
run.

> --could not escape, used STOP-A to get out of setup.

Also a know problem, looking into this aswell

> --Task Installer V0.1 was just a blank screen- no options listed; with
> enter was put in dselect program.

This is because it downloads "stable" package listings, which do not
contain any of the task- metapackages. I'm not sure how to get around
this right now since potato is currently "frozen". You could probably
modify etc/apt/sources.list in base2_2.tgz manually.

> --Still could not mount floppy;  mount fd0 gives "can't find etc/fstab
> or /etc/mtap" Same two devices as mentioned above mounted.

use the -n option for mount, see how that works.

Thanks for the comments.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '